Telehealth is not just “FaceTime” or “Skype-ing.” Telehealth is a secure connection with policies and procedures to safeguard your protected health information. We use a medical telehealth system called Doxy.me. This system is very easy to use and can be used on computers, iOS and Android devices. There is a very small app that may be downloaded for iOS and Android. Telehealth does not need to be for clients who are far away or rural Nebraska. Telehealth can help when others have limited time or transportation such as:
- Families who need appointments after public transportation is no longer running
- College students with limited gas money or who bike
- Workers who can only have a 1 hour lunch break
- Stay at home parents who don’t have a sitter, but can get 45 minutes relatively alone at home.
- Business persons for whom travel makes it difficult to schedule.
Telehealth or eTherapy may not be covered by all insurance companies. Check with your insurance to see what conditions or limit may be present for counseling via Telehealth.
If you are a new patient or need to set up an appointment go to our Make an Appointment page. Be sure to let the therapist know to look for you in their online waiting room rather than our office location! Not all therapy issues are appropriate for telehealth therapy. Your therapist will discuss your therapy goals and local supports to see if online therapy is right for you.